Friday, September 4, 2009

Here I am in Nova Scotia - Peggy's Cove, to be exact. This was my ultimate destination when i first put it all on google maps. 3100 miles plus. Actually, with my side trips, I've gone jsut over 3700 so far. Peggy's Cove was named after a little girl who was the only survivor of a shipwreck. A fisherman found her and his family took her in. Currently, only 60 people lieve full time in Peggy's Cove and no one can move into the village itself. I am camped RIGHT on the ocean - I will post pictures later. Just finished scallops, chowder and mussels and getting ready to walk it off. The dogs are passed out in the trailer after spending the morning jumping, running and playing on the rocks at Peggy's Cove.

Note to self #5: do not think that an all-you-can-eat mussels, chowder, salad bar, dessert bar and a whole lobster is a good idea. I was past full! Matt- I was miserably full! I sure enjoyed the lobster, though!

I didn't go on the PEI ferry to Nova Scotia - it was quicker to drive around rather than drive to the ferry and wait to cross.

My campground is owned by an 87 year old lady who is quite something. This morning, she was sitting on the window sill of her second story washing the outside of her windows! Ther are only about 50 spots in her campground and it is lovely - all grass.

I'm exploring all of the shops along the cove without pups this afternoon and will go to Lunenbourg and Mahone Bay down the coast tomorrow. Life is good!

Pictures later.

No comments:

Post a Comment