Monday, September 14, 2009

Saturday, August 12
Jaycee and I had a great day - once we found the church marketplace that we were headed for! Neither one of us should be turned loose alone, and together, we were pretty dangerous. Good friend. Good times. We talked and talked and didn't solve a single world problem, except we both agree tha the province of Quebec needs to lighten up on the French thing.

Sunday August 13
I left early today and drove to London, Ontario, arriving at the house of one of my former student's grandmother (figure that one out!). My trailer and car BARELY fit in her driveway (I mean barely), but it did! What a wonderful evening with a wonderful lady. She fixed a scrumptious meal complete with Wisconsin cheddar from right near her island - she spends the summer there. Then we took the dogs on a long walk to prepare for apple pie! I retired to my private room in the driveway with the pups, and we got an early, early start Monday morning - leaving at 7:20 a.m.

Monday, August 14

LONG day again. We entered the U.S. of A. around 8:30 a.m. and the bridge was a wonderous site. I couldn't get a picture, though, as I was driving. Then the drive got quite boring, scenery-wise, but was lightened by some entertaining phone calls, since my phone was now turned on. I arrived in Janesville, Wisconsin about 5:45 p.m. and Heidi picked me up soon after. Their home is lovely! I had the honor of being the first DeSotoite to visit their home, although Fran and Peggy are not far behind me! Heidi fixed a delicious meal with veggies that were outstanding and we visited for several hours. I called an end to it, as I had been up early and had gained an hour. Tomorrow, we are going here and it sounds like a lot of fun! http://www.taliesinpreservation.org/ It is the home of Frank Lloyd Wright, who designed Dallas Theatre Center (with no corners!)

Then a very very long day - 609 miles to Joplin, Mo., where cousin Charles and his wife Sherry and I will go to dinner.

So far, almost 6000 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment