Wednesday, September 16, 2009

MY LAST NIGHT!

I'm in Joplin, MO and just finished a great Thai meal with Charles and Sherry Buchanan, my cuz, and it was much too short!

Tomorrow is only 7 1/2 or 8 hours as opposed to today's 11 1/2 (ugh!). But then, I have to get the trailer parked, unload, do laundry and get the trailer ready for my sweet son to wash this weekend. Patrick and baby Sarah will be here Friday while Erica has a spa day and a restful weekend.

I'll be just over 7000 miles when I get home, and on this last leg is the first problem I've had. When putting the tire chocks between the trailer tires (to prevent "rocking" while in the trailer, for those of you non-rv'ers), I saw the steel belt sticking out on one trailer tire. Uh-oh! I've called AAA and they will be here in the morning to change to my spare. I guess that's not too bad, though.

It's really quite sad to be going home. I could soooo do this! I planned for almost a year and it was everything I had envisioned and more. Life is out there, and we can choose to be a spectator or a participant. I am so glad to be a participant. My dreams of RVing have been realized completely with this trip and also the realization that it isn't about what you have, but what you do with what you have. I have been blessed and I intend to make the most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment