Sunday, August 23, 2009































Liberty Bell and in the Hall of Signers - lifesize bronze statues of all of the statesmen. On the left is James Madison and on the right is Alexander Hamilton.
A happy camper- all squinty-eyed in the sun!



One of my "new friends" in Plimouth Plantation, the Mayflower II and the pups and our home.





Sunday, August 23, 2009

I was a pilgrim today! I visited Plimouth Plantation in Plymouth today and then the Mayflower II, which sailed from Plymouth, England to Plymouth, Massachusetts in 1957.

The plantation was extremely interesting with garbed colonists in character telling their stories to any who would listen – and answering questions from the curious (guess who!). There was also a Native People camp and a craft center.

Then I drove into Plymouth and had my first lobster roll (had no idea what it was – French bread toasted and folded like a bun, lettuce leaf, lots of cold lobster, cole slaw, mayo, so-type dressing and DELICIOUS! I toured a couple of colonial homes (and was grateful that I was alone and could do what I wanted!), toured the Mayflower II, visited with a couple from Maryland that was very nice, and headed home.

Tucker and Abbie were quite angry at being left all day, so after a good walk, they’re basking in the shade outside.

Tomorrow, I’ll stay here and go into Boston – there’s a train 5 minutes from the campground and that sounds easy! I’ll move on to Salisbury on Tuesday instead.

The trip is all I hoped for and more. Life is good.





















No comments:

Post a Comment