Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Well, GREAT! Hurricane Lin is attracting another hurricane. Mexico or Canada, from one end of the continent to the other, I attract hurricanes! For those of you who don't know, I was stuck in Playa del Carmen for 10 extra days and sequestered almost 4 days in my hotel room during Hurricane Wilma, a catagory 5 (yes, 5!) hurricane four years ago. My kids nicknamed me Hurricane Lin and disasters have followed me since - transit strike in NYC while I was visiting Caitlin, gel terrorist scare at Heathrow while I was in the air to Edinbourough- and now this!

I'll keep my ears and eyes alert, but after tomorrow noon, I won't have internet or phone until Digby, Nova Scotia on Sept. 7 - Labor Day. So, I guess I'll just fly by the seat of my pants and if it's windy, drive slowly or stay put! Watch it blow my trailer away, and I'll be homeless.



Today was witch hunt day. Salem is a quaint little village founded in the 1650's. The streets are very narrow and poorly laid out - lots of jigs and jags - and I was quite glad that my trailer was not behind me. I toured the witch museum, the dungeon where the accused were held and the House of Seven Gables and Nathanial Hawthorne's house. Quite interesting! I picked up some Halloween fun stuff for Addison since her birthday is on Halloween. I'm posting a picture of the House of Seven Gables - gables are roof ridges, for the uninformed

I'm getting ready to take the doggies back to the harbor for a walk and then supper and get ready to leave early. A LOOOONG day tomorrow. I'll post when I can. (Yes, I know to take my passport and the pups' papers, etc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment